Saturday, July 26, 2008

a serious case of the spins...

Just a few things I'd like to mention to whoever might be reading this....

1. I made pasta tonight for dinner, and made a nice little white sauce to go with it. It ended up tasting pretty good, but my foot paid the price.

I feel like Michael Scott; I burned my foot in a cooking accident. Really.

I can't say I did it by stepping on a George Foreman grill, or that I'm wearing bubble wrap on it.... or best yet, that I tried to stick it in a CT scanner while a friend of mine was having his head checked out, but it happened. I was busy chopping garlic with that crazy Emeril chef guy... and before I knew it, my pan was HOT, and the olive oil was smoking... so I turned it down a bit, and realized I might need a BIT more olive oil. So I went to pour a bit more on there....

Well, I must have been going for a long distance pouring record, subconsciously... because the force that the oil built up on its seemingly endless fall to the screamingly hot pain was enough to send smoking hot oil flying from the pan, to the top of my unsuspecting left foot.

Poor left foot, he was just down there, minding his foot business... keeping me properly balanced on the floor... maybe he was even enjoying being naked... who knows! (I bet he was) Well, if he WAS, he must have quickly wished that he had been wearing his ol' buddy socks and shoes as soon as that soaring glob of pain found its way to the top of his bare skin.

I think I heard him call out in pain....

He's been bathing in ice for a while now.... and feeling better.

2. I watched a homeless guy spin circles in the park yesterday.

He would spin counter-clockwise for about 3 or 4 minutes, occasionally slowing down just a bit so he could take a drag off his cigarette, then he would start spinning clockwise for another 3 or 4 minutes.

His footwork was amazing.... and so was his whole ensemble.

He was wearing some fire engine red shorts, they looked like swim trunks, and were a little too short. He accompanied these with white socks up to mid calf and then some classic tennis shoes. He, of course, was shirtless. and this 60-something must have been in the midst of some massive beard-off with a friend or two of his... because this thing was amazing... almost as amazing as his equally long hair, which only paled in comparison to his spin moves.

Tony Hawk, watch out! A 1080 is child's play.

Once he was done spinning, he quickly started talking, to, well... nobody. but his hand gestures were grand, as if he were in some sort of terribly heated debate. They were swaying this way, and that. Up in the air, over his head as if appalled. Then he'd point with his right hand, still clasping cigarette, as if to accuse his adversary of some terrible deed.

I'd look to where his gaze and hand gestures were landing. I only saw birds.

Those birds must have really done something to deserve the tongue lashing that they were getting from this guy.

They didn't seem too scared.

3. DVT guy still has not gotten all his results back yet. We still don't know why he made a massive clot. Which brings me to my next point; I made my first house call the other day. I went to DVT guy's house and checked up on him, his leg, his heart and lungs. The clot did move up a bit, according to the second ultrasound, but it sure isn't in his lung. But his leg is awfully swollen (for you nerds, it's about 2+ pitting edema) and it's still hurting him. poor fella.

Hope that all gets resolved soon.

4. Anyway friends, I don't like any of you, not even a little bit, and I'm certainly not excited to see you all very soon. Nope, not excited at all.

P.S. Figure out which one is the lie.

2 comments:

EC said...

It had been so long since a post, I had wondered if you found a nice woman to spend time with instead of Emeril and the laptop.

House Call! Cool. Like the olden days with the horse and buggy.

-ec

Jen B. said...

My left hand and your left foot should get together. Tonight I also cooked pasta (though it was chicken parmesan, with a red sauce). Anyway, when I put the chicken in the oven, the oven and my hand had a bit of an argument...the oven won.